- Boil the four cups of water with the coconut.
- After two minutes set aside to strain.
- When it has cooled, squeeze firmly to extract as much milk as possible.
- Reserve the milk and combine it with the coconut water if there is any.
- Saute the bacon, green pepper, onion and the hot pepper in the pot where you plan to cook the rice.
- Add tomato and kidney beans with liquid and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Remove the bit of hot pepper and add the coconut milk, sugar and salt.
- Cover and wait for it to come to a boil.
- While waiting, rinse and drain the uncooked rice thoroughly and add to the boiling milk.
- Cook uncovered for a minute or two and then cover and cook to a very low flame until the grains are cooked to taste.