Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Pre-soak rice for an hour and then rinse well, pick out the dirt.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pot and saute cumin till brown.
- Add turmeric, cloves, peppercorns and cardamom.
- Stir for about a minute.
- Stir in coconut.
- Saute till golden.
- Add rice and continue sauteing, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water, add salt, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until the water has evaporated and the rice is cooked.
- Garnish with cashews, raisins and almonds.
- Serve with any main curry.