Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 2 cups long-grain rice (basmati)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch scallions
- In a medium sauce pot, sweat the onion and minced ginger in 1 tbsp olive oil until fragrant and then add rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a boil
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained kidney beans. Cover and place on a low heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the sliced scallions and check the seasoning.