Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 2 cups long-grain rice (basmati)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch scallions
- In a medium sauce pot, sweat the onion and minced ginger in 1 tbsp olive oil until fragrant and then add rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a boil
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained kidney beans. Cover and place on a low heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the sliced scallions and check the seasoning.