Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups jasmine or basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1½ cups water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped, fresh parsley
- In a pot with a tight-fitting lid, combine the coconut milk, water, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir, making sure sugar dissolves.
- Add the rice and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with the chopped parsley.