Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 medium coconuts
- 1 tbsp grated lime peel
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (13 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Pierce eyes of coconuts with an ice pick or nail.
- Strain coconut water and measure 1¾ cups; add ½ cup water; reserve.
- Heat condensed milk, evaporated milk and 1¼ cups water in medium saucepan to boiling.
- Soften gelatin in ½ cup water.
- Add to milk mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in reserved coconut water, the lime peel, vanilla and salt.
- Pour into large serving bowl.
- Refrigerate covered until set, about 4 hours.
- Garnish with shredded coconut and maraschino cherries, if desired.