- one cup softened butter (eight ounces or 225 g)
- one-half cup Sugar
- two eggs, beaten
- one cup milk
- two cups grated coconut
- one teaspoon vanilla
- a pinch of baking soda
- one-half teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- one 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. In a large kitchen bowl make the filling by blending together all of the ingredients, starting with the butter and Sugar, then adding other ingredients. Pour into the baked pie shell.
- Cover with the pie crust strips, arranged in a criss-cross pattern, if desired.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven until filling is done and crust is golden brown—30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm, or cooled to room temperature.