Coconut Oat Flapjack is a very simple to make savoury bake.
This recipe uses the British English definition of a flapjack. You might know it as an oatcake, tray bake, or bar cookie.
- 140 grams (5 oz) oats
- 60 grams (2 oz) melted butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 85 grams (3 oz) desiccated coconut
- 1 grated carrot
- 170 grams (6 oz) grated cheese
- Seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, herbs, spices)
- Thoroughly mix up all of the ingredients using your hands.
- Press the mixture into a baking tray about 1 cm thick.
- Bake at 175 °C / 350 °F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Best eaten hot, though you can store it in an airtight container and eat cold.