- Place the garlic, onion, galangal, lemon grass, turmeric, paprika, sauce and sugar in a blender or food processor and process until well blended.
- Add the coconut milk and process again until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer the coconut mixture to a medium saucepan and bring to simmering point, stirring.
- Continue to cook gently for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, if using cabbage greens, place them in a large saucepan, cover with boiling water and set aside to soften.
- If using banana leaves, cut into pieces about 20 cm/8-inches square.
- Place the in a bowl, season with a little salt then pour over half the hot coconut sauce and mix well.
- Set the remaining sauce aside.
- Place ⅛th of the mixture in the centre of each leaf and fold the edges over to form secure parcels, making sure you tuck the edges under.
- Steam the parcels for 1 hour.
- 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, gently reheat the remaining sauce.
- To serve - make a small opening down the centre of each parcel and spoon the remaining coconut sauce into the opening.
- Serve immediately with rice.