- 3 – 4 pieces of fish (I like using mackerel or pomfret)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry onions till soft and transparent.
- Add salt, red chili powder, curry powder and fry for a minute or two. Add in coconut milk, dried fenugreek and pieces, and cover cook for 15 – 20 minutes till is cooked through.
- Add a little water if desired.
- Add cherry tomatoes and let it cook for another 4 – 5 minutes till tomatoes become soft.
- Serve with warm plain rice and fresh cucumber slices.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com