Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Description This recipe is very nice it is a very Jamaican tradition if you would like to know how to make coconut drops carry on reading. Edit
- 1 medium dried coconut (it must be a dried coconut )
- 5 tablespoons minced or shredded ginger
- 3 cups dark unprocessed sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Use a sharp point to puncture the three eyes of the coconut and drain the water
- Break the coconut using a hammer and remove the hard outer shell.
- Using a small knife dice the coconut flesh into ½ x ¼ inch cubes.
- Combine the diced coconuts cubes and ginger
- Place in a deep pot with the Sugar and water.
- Put stove on high and boil
- Boil until water gone and the Sugar is like carmel and sticky.
- Place a sheet of greased paper (can also use moistened foil paper) on a flat surface (kitchen counter) close by. (In Jamaica some use banana leaves instead of greased paper)
- Stir the mixture in the pot with a large spoon to be sure it does not stick to the bottom.
- Use the spoon to scoop out mixture to create 1-1/4-inch wide mounds on the greased paper.
- Each 1-1/4-inch wide mound should be placed in a separate heap on the greased paper.
- Let the drops cool and harden.