Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice
- 1 cup (packed) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup whole small cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Stir shredded coconut in small nonstick skillet over medium heat until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water and salt to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir in rice; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree cilantro, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 teaspoon ginger, lime juice, and half of garlic in blender.
- Mix puree and coconut into rice. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add tofu; stir-fry until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add onions, curry, cumin, red pepper, remaining ginger, and remaining garlic.
- Stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and remaining coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among 4 plates. Top with tofu mixture.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.