Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups coconut -- freshly grated
- sweetened whipped cream or whipped—topping
Coconut milk Edit
- Cream butter until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar and cream until very light.
- Beat egg yolks until lemon-colored; add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture in 3 parts, alternating with coconut milk and ending with flour mixture.
- Add vanilla; stir in ¾ cup grated coconut.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold into cake batter.
- Turn batter into 2 greased, floured 9-inch layer pans; bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes, or until cake tester or wood pick inserted near center comes out dry.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes.
- Loosen and invert on rack to cool completely.
- Frost with whipped cream; sprinkle remaining grated coconut over top and sides of cake.