- 4 oz margarine
- 6oz Raw cane Sugar
- 10 oz wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 6 oz Freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 pint soy milk
- cream the margarine and raw cane Sugar until well blended.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Stir in the grated coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the soy milk to the creamed mixture, mixing it thoroughly to a thick dough-like consistency.
- Divide the mixture and shape into buns with floured hands.
- Place the buns on a greased baking sheet, spacing well apart, and bake in a preheated oven at 180° until risen and brown.