Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a pastry brush, spread 1 tbsp pf softened butter evenly over the bottom and sides of three 3½ x 7 inch loaf pans.
- Sprinkle 1 tbs.
- Of the flour into each pan and tip the pans from side to side to spread it evenly.
- Then invert the pans and rap the bottom sharply to remove any excess flour.
- Set aside.
- Sift the remaining 5 cups of flour, the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt into a deep bowl.
- Add the grated coconut and with your hands or a large spoon.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Pour in the milk, ½ cup at a time, and blend thoroughly after each addition.
- Then stir in the 4 tbs.
- Of melted butter.
- Ladle the coconut batter into the prepared pans, filling each of them no more than two thirds full.
- Bake the bread in the middle of the oven for 1 hour, or until it begins to pull away from the sides of the pans and the top is golden brown and crusty.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pans for about 5 minutes, then turn the loaves out onto wire cake racks.
- Serve the coconut bread either warm or cool.