Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seasoning mix Edit
- 15 ml ground red pepper
- 5 ml salt (optional)
- 7½ ml sweet paprika
- 7½ ml black pepper
- 6 ml garlic powder
- 4 ml onion powder
- 4 ml thyme
- 4 ml oregano
Dipping sauce Edit
Shrimp and batter Edit
- 2 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 250 ml beer
- 20 ml baking powder
- 4 medium shrimp, peeled with tails still on
- 200 g grated coconut (unsweetened)
- Combine the seasoning mix together in a bowl.
- Stir the dipping sauce ingredients together in a second bowl.
- Have this ready at the table when the shrimp are done.
- Mix together about 2 tsp of the seasoning mix, about 1¼ cups of flour, the beer and the baking powder, and place this in a third bowl.
- Combine the remaining flour with another 2 tsp of the seasoning mix.
- Coat each shrimp with the remaining seasoning mix, then in the flour mixture, then in the batter, then in the coconut.
- Deep-fry the shrimp for about 1 minute and drain on paper towels.