Seasoning mix Edit
- 15 ml ground red pepper
- 5 ml salt (optional)
- 7½ ml sweet paprika
- 7½ ml black pepper
- 6 ml garlic powder
- 4 ml onion powder
- 4 ml thyme
- 4 ml oregano
Dipping sauce Edit
Shrimp and batter Edit
- 2 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 250 ml beer
- 20 ml baking powder
- 4 medium shrimp, peeled with tails still on
- 200 g grated coconut (unsweetened)
- Combine the seasoning mix together in a bowl.
- Stir the dipping sauce ingredients together in a second bowl.
- Have this ready at the table when the shrimp are done.
- Mix together about 2 tsp of the seasoning mix, about 1¼ cups of flour, the beer and the baking powder, and place this in a third bowl.
- Combine the remaining flour with another 2 tsp of the seasoning mix.
- Coat each shrimp with the remaining seasoning mix, then in the flour mixture, then in the batter, then in the coconut.
- Deep-fry the shrimp for about 1 minute and drain on paper towels.