Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seasoning mix Edit
- Thoroughly combine the ingredients for the seasoning mix in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix 1¼ cups of the flour, 2 tsp of the seasoning mix, baking powder, eggs, and beer together in a bowl, breaking up all lumps until it is smooth.
- Combine the remaining flour with 1½ tsp of the seasoning mix and set aside.
- Place the coconut in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle both sides of the shrimps with the remaining seasoning mix.
- Then hold shrimp by the tail, dredge in the flour mixture, shake off excess, dip each in batter and allow excess to drip off.
- Coat each shrimp with the coconut and place the shrimp on a baking sheet.
- Heat deep fryer to 350°F.
- Drop each shrimp into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about ½ to 1 minute on each side.
- Do not crowd the fryer! drain on paper towels and serve immediately, as is, or with a dipping sauce or fruit preserve.