A great Poultry soup Canadian style, delicious with every spoon of it. The ingredients are there to complete a piece of art in soups !
- 6 servings for $8.38 CDN
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup leeks, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed boneless, skinless
- 6 cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup long-grain rice
- 1 x 2-inch strip lemon peel
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- If the soup is to be made ahead, add the rice just before serving to prevent it from overcooking.
- In saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; cook leeks, covered, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until chicken in no longer pink inside.
- Stir in stock, rice, lemon peel and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Discard lemon peel and bay leaf. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.