Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
this is what we have to do for our Spanish class GOSH!
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ lb bacon, diced
- 2 onions, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 1 lb pork, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 whole garlic head
- 2 chorizos or other spicy dried sausage (about ½ pound), sliced
- 1 morcilla or blood sausage, sliced, optional
- ½ lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Soak garbanzo beans overnight in water to cover * next day, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in heavy pan.
- Add bacon.
- onions, pork and paprika cook, stirring, 10 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans, garlic head and enough water to cover.
- Increase heat to high and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- When beans are soft but not tender, add chorizos and continue to cook 1 hour longer.
- Add morcilla, potatoes, green pepper and salt to taste.
- Cook another 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic head and serve cocido in soup bowls with crusty bread.
- Accompany with sliced tomatoes dressed with olive oil and sherry vinegar.