This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Novell Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 pounds medium size yellow squash
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 ounces butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- nonstick vegetable spray
- additional bread crumbs for topping
- Trim ends of squash and cut into large pieces.
- Drop squash into an large saucepan with enough boiling water to cover.
- Return to boil then reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain well then mash.
- In a large mixing bowl combine squash with eggs, bread crumbs, onion, butter, sugar, salt and pepper then turn into a lightly sprayed casserole.
- Cover with a light layer of bread crumbs and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.