Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Novell Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 pounds medium size yellow squash
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 ounces butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- nonstick vegetable spray
- additional bread crumbs for topping
- Trim ends of squash and cut into large pieces.
- Drop squash into an large saucepan with enough boiling water to cover.
- Return to boil then reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain well then mash.
- In a large mixing bowl combine squash with eggs, bread crumbs, onion, butter, sugar, salt and pepper then turn into a lightly sprayed casserole.
- Cover with a light layer of bread crumbs and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.