- Combine the vegetables, salt, and 2 quarts of water in a 4-quart pot.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, partially covered.
- Add the smelts, peppercorns, and bay leaves, then return to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, partially covered.
- Strain the stock, discard the vegetables and .
- Taste the broth for salt, remove bay leaves, and use as directed in the following recipes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.