- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried and crushed
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2½ cups frozen chopped spinach or other greens
- 1½ cups diced zucchini or other vegetable such as carrots, potatoes, etc.
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered (1 cup) or 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1½ cups cooked small pasta (shells, bows, etc.)
- 1½ cups cooked lentils or other legume
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and scallions 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes more, or until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Stir in rosemary, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add stock and spinach, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, pasta and lentils; cook until heated; serve hot.