- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unbleached white flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- ¼ – ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 to 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp water or olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 to 2 tbsp water
- 18 oz soft silken tofu
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp dried basil or rosemary
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 to 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- red pepper strips or sliced
- black olives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Grind oats to a coarse flour n a blender or food processor.
- Place ground oats in a large bowl.
- Stir in whole wheat flour, white flour, salt and baking powder.
- Drizzle ¼ cup canola oil over flour mixture and mix lightly; add more oil of necessary, until mixture looks like wet sand.
- Drizzle lemon juice, honey or maple syrup and 2 t water over dough.
- Mix lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball, adding more water if necessary.
- Roll out dough between sheets of waxed paper.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds evenly over bottom of a quiche or pie pan, then place dough in pan.
- (if using a pie pan, fold excess dough over to form an edge about 2/4 inch thick; try to keep edge even, smooth and slightly away from the edge of pan).
- Prick sides and bottom of crust with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 teaspoon water or oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli florettes and 1 to 2 tablespoons water, then cover.
- Steam until broccoli is bright green and slightly tender but not soft, about 2 minutes.
- Drain vegetables if necessary; place in pre-baked pie crust and spread evenly over bottom.
- In a blender or food processor, whip tofu, mustard, basil or rosemary, nutmeg, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Blend 1 to 2 minutes, until very smooth.
- Pour tofu mixture over vegetables in pie crust.
- Place red pepper or black olives on top if desired.
- Bake 40 minutes, until slightly puffy.
- Allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.