This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Parker Estate in Dallas, Texas in 2006. Marked as a family favorite.
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces grated Gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces grated Emmental cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually stir in grated cheeses.
- Continue to heat until cheeses melt stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl blend corn flour smoothly with kirsch then stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth stirring frequently.
- Do not allow fondue to boil.