Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Parker Estate in Dallas, Texas in 2006. Marked as a family favorite.
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces grated Gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces grated Emmental cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually stir in grated cheeses.
- Continue to heat until cheeses melt stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl blend corn flour smoothly with kirsch then stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth stirring frequently.
- Do not allow fondue to boil.