The margarita is the most common of all tequila-based cocktails. There are three main ingredients in a margarita: Tequila, Triple Sec, and lime juice. The traditional recipe is three parts Tequila, two parts Triple Sec and one part lime juice.
- Source: Margarita from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Serves: 1
- Rub the rim of a cocktail glass with a lime wedge.
- Dip in salt.
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or slice.