Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lemon, zest of, of finely grated
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups dry cookie crumbs, such as gingersnaps or graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- melted butter, for brushing pan
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Brush a 9-inch springform pan generously with melted butter.
- For crust:
- Melt butter, stir in cookie crumbs and Sugar.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until lightly toasted- about 13–15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For the cheesecake:
- In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add Sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and scraping down the sides after each addition.
- Stir in zest.
- Pour batter into springform pan and bake until done.
- Turn oven off and leave door slightly open for 1 hour.
- Transfer to refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Remove sides of springform and cake on pan base.