Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ⅔ cup chopped sweet green peppers
- 1½ cans (5 oz) clams, reserving juice from 1 can
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 2½ cups canned or fresh tomatoes, crushed
- 2½ cups seafood or chicken stock
- ⅓ cup tubetti or macaroni
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onions,carrots, and green peppers until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add juice of 1 can of clams, potatoes, tomatoes and stock.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add reserved clams and tubetti.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Nutritional information Edit
- 149 Calories | 24g Carbs | 3g Fiber | 8g Protein | 3g Fat | 643 mg Sodium | 12 mg Cholesterol
- Diabetic exchanges: ⅔ starch | 2 vegetables | ½ lean meat