- Spray a 9 by 5 by 3-inch metal loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Line the pan with plastic wrap, allowing the excess to hang over the ends and sides.
- Combine the crushed amaretti cookies and the melted butter.
- Put in the lined pan and press down to firm and form a crust.
- Whisk ½ cup of the sugar, the egg yolks, lemon juice, lime juice, limoncello, and salt in a large metal bowl to blend.
- Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water).
- Whisk the egg mixture until it is thick and creamy, and a thermometer inserted into the mixture registers 160°F, about 5 minutes.
- Set the bowl of custard into another bowl of ice water to cool completely.
- Stir in the zest.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream and remaining ¼ cup sugar in another large bowl until firm peaks form.
- Using a large rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the custard.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared crust.
- Fold the overhanging plastic wrap over the custard and freeze until frozen, at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- Unfold the plastic wrap.
- Invert the semifreddo onto a platter and peel off the plastic wrap.
- Cut the semifreddo into 1-inch slices and sprinkle with crushed amaretti cookies and serve.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.