Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following recipe meets the "5 A Day for Better Health" program criteria. This means that this recipe does not exceed the following: 30% of calories from fat; 10% of calories from saturated fat; 100 mg cholesterol and 360 mg sodium per serving.
- 3 medium corn tortillas
- 3 medium oranges
- 3 medium grapefruits
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 medium California avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Slice corn tortillas into very thin strips.
- Dry the strips by placing on a cookie sheet and baking in a preheated 225°F oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Grate the rind of the three oranges.
- Set aside.
- Peel, section, and seed the oranges and grapefruits, removing the bitter white membrane.
- Set section aside.
- In a large bowl mix honey, raspberry vinegar, and orange and grapefruit sections.
- Add grated orange rind and toss gently.
- Top with avocado slices, tortilla strips, and a sprig of fresh mint for garnish.
- Serving suggestions: this is an interesting way to serve breakfast or brunch fruit.