Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Citrus Mint Crush from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1¼ cups cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup tightly packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (no pith)
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups lemon-flavored sparkling water
- crushed ice
- mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Add water and sugar in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until sugar completely dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Coarsely chop mint leaves and set aside.
- Add the cooled sugar-water to a medium sized bowl then stir in mint, orange zest, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until chilled through.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Discard remaining orange zest and mint leaves.
- Stir in sparkling water then serve over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.