Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fake Shakes from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Make imitation milkshakes for people who cannot drink milk or eat ice cream.
- Cook Time: About 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
- 1 frozen citrus fruit juice bar (2½ oz) or 2 bars (1¾ oz) same flavor
- ½ cup chilled soy milk / nutritional supplement
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Remove citrus bar from freezer and allow to thaw slightly (about 5–10 minutes until soft).
- Break bar into pieces.
- Place in blender.
- Add other ingredients and blend at low speed for 10 seconds.
- Double Citrus: Add 1 tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate and 1 tbsp. sugar to the lemon or orange flavor Fake Shake before blending. This version has 192 calories and 3 grams of protein per cup.