Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp mango or other fruit vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Cut tofu into 1" thick slices and place in a flat dish.
- Pour the marinade over the tofu.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, turning the tofu every now and then to make sure it is covered with marinade.
- Turn the BBQ on medium. Tofu tends to stick to the grill, so brush with some olive oil before placing on the BBQ. Brush with extra marinade while the tofu is cooking.
- Flip the tofu when it starts to get grill marks on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Brush the top with olive oil before flipping.
- Cook until the other side has grill marks.
- Serve immediately.