Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you're new to the world of home-made scones, then this is the perfect recipe for you to start with. It's simple and basic, but tastes great with just a hint of cinnamon. Goes with any spread.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Mix milk, egg and vanilla in another mixing bowl.
- Add to the flour mixture, and stir until just moist.
- Shape dough into an 8-inch round loaf.
- Cut into 8 wedges and separate slightly.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.
Makes 8 scones