- Combine 2 cups of flour, the yeast and the salt.
- Warm the milk and dissolve the ½ cup of sugar in it.
- Add the milk, ⅓ cup of melted butter and the eggs to the flour mixture.
- Beat with a spoon for about three minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of flour.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 6–8 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape into a ball.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl. Turn once. Cover. Let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down.
- Divide into three equal portions. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a portion of the dough into a 12" x 8" rectangle.
- Spread over it 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- In a bowl on the side, mix the ½ cup of sugar with the ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon sugar over the dough.
- Sprinkle on a third of the raisins (optional).
- Roll up the dough from one of the long sides (it should now be a "log" shape)
- Slice the dough into 10 – 12 pieces.
- Place the rolls, swirl side up, in a baking pan or on a baking sheet, right next to each other.
- Cover and let rise until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Repeat with the two other portions of dough.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked and lightly browned on the bottoms.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.