- In large mixer bowl combine 2 cups flour and yeast.
- Heat milk, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup shortening, and salt in saucepan until warm (115 – 120°F), stirring to melt shortening.
- Add to dry mixture; add eggs.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer for ½ minute, scraping bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes at high speed by hand, stir in 1½ to 2 cups flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Shape into a ball. Place in greased bowl, turning once.
- Cover; let rise until doubled (45 to 60 minutes).
- Punch down; divide in half. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll each half of dough into 12" x 8" rectangle.
- Brush each with half of the melted butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
- Roll up each piece, starting with long side; seal seams.
- Slice each into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in two greased 9" x 1½" round baking pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled (about 35 minutes).
- Bake at 375°F for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Drizzle icing over warm rolls.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.