- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark Barbados Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Baker's Special Sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine Sugar and cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape sides of bowl, then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix. Shape dough into 1" balls and roll each ball in cinnamon-Sugar topping.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2" apart. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.