Bread pudding Edit
- 5 cups cinnamon bread pieces (1")
- ¼ cup raisins or dried currants
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ cup hot skim milk
Whiskey sauce Edit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter (or non-stick spray) a 13 x 9 x 2 (3 quart) baking dish.
- Combine bread cubes and raisins in buttered dish.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites and ¾ cup sugar; beat well.
- Add hot milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture over bread and raisins; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir gently and bake for 25-35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and water; mix well.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in whiskey.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Serve warm bread pudding with warm sauce.
- Tip: to substitute for whiskey, use ¼ cup water and 1 teaspoon brandy extract.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 330
- Dietary exchanges: 3 starches | 1 fruit | ½ fat