Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bread pudding Edit
- 5 cups cinnamon bread pieces (1")
- ¼ cup raisins or dried currants
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ cup hot skim milk
Whiskey sauce Edit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter (or non-stick spray) a 13 x 9 x 2 (3 quart) baking dish.
- Combine bread cubes and raisins in buttered dish.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites and ¾ cup sugar; beat well.
- Add hot milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture over bread and raisins; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir gently and bake for 25-35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and water; mix well.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in whiskey.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Serve warm bread pudding with warm sauce.
- Tip: to substitute for whiskey, use ¼ cup water and 1 teaspoon brandy extract.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 330
- Dietary exchanges: 3 starches | 1 fruit | ½ fat