When you think dessert start with something that is nutritious like this high in fiber delicacy, then add spices for flavor and top with something like low fat yogurt cheese.
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ¼ cup dates, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp prune purée
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 large pears
- ½ cup water
- In a mixing bowl, mash first 7 ingredients until you have a paste.
- Keeping the stem intact, peel/core pears, digging out a cavity 1 in. across and 2½ in. deep from the center of the large end.
- Press equal parts mixture into pears.
- Place pears standing up in a small baking dish, add water and cinnamon stick to pan, cover with foil.
- In a 325°F preheated oven, bake pears 40 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer pears to individual plates and pour remaining syrup from baking pan on top.
- Place a dollop of yogurt cheese next to each pear and serve.