Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When you think dessert start with something that is nutritious like this high in fiber delicacy, then add spices for flavor and top with something like low fat yogurt cheese.
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ¼ cup dates, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp prune purée
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 large pears
- ½ cup water
- In a mixing bowl, mash first 7 ingredients until you have a paste.
- Keeping the stem intact, peel/core pears, digging out a cavity 1 in. across and 2½ in. deep from the center of the large end.
- Press equal parts mixture into pears.
- Place pears standing up in a small baking dish, add water and cinnamon stick to pan, cover with foil.
- In a 325°F preheated oven, bake pears 40 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer pears to individual plates and pour remaining syrup from baking pan on top.
- Place a dollop of yogurt cheese next to each pear and serve.