Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apple layer Edit
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest, grated fine
- ¾ cup matzoh cake meal
- ⅓ cup oil
- pinch salt
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon.
- Set apples and apricots aside.
- Om bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, matzoh meal and oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with pinch of salt until stiff and glossy.
- Loosen batter with generous dollop of egg whites, then fold remaining egg whites into batter.
- Spoon half of batter into greased 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Arrange apples on top.
- Dot with minced apricot and cover with remaining batter.
- Batter will be thick and sticky; don"t worry about spreading it evenly.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes at 350 °F.