This tangy version of the pita crisps is made and packed with real herbs and olive oil and is great with other appetizers or side dishes.
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 pita breads
- chopped fresh chives
- 3 teaspoons salt, rock, iodized, or sea only
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cut each pita bread round horizontally in half.
- Cut each round into 6 wedges. Place pita wedges on 2 rimmed baking sheets; just drizzle with cilantro-garlic oil and salt and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange pita wedges in a single layer; bake 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro leaves and bake until pita wedges are crisp and golden, about 5 minutes longer; cool. Serve warm and plain or with other side dishes or appetizers. Dip into a flavor of choice on baked pita crisps, if desired.