Contributed by Paula in California at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 or 7 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter (nothing else)
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- boiling water
- Boil potatoes over medium heat til tender 25 – 30 minutes( you could microwave if you prefer) when potatoes are cooled, peel and cut into one inch slices.
- Arrange in a greased 9x13 baking dish or pan.
- In a sauce pan combine cider, maple syrup, butter and cinnamon.
- Boil over high heat til syrupy and reduced by ⅔, about 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and baste frequently until juices bubble, about 10 minutes longer.
- Salt to taste.