- 3 tbsp [salad [oil]]
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 small raw potato cubes
- ½ tsp ground chili pepper
- 1½ tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- few drops Tabasco
- 1¼ cups milk
- 3 medium flounder fillets
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ lb raw shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 12 oz can whole-kernel corn
- few sprigs fresh mint
- Heat salad oil, in it saute garlic and onion about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, chili pepper, seasoned salt, salt, red pepper, tabasco, 3 cups water, 1 cup milk.
- Stir while boil, then simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Simmer flounder fillets 6 minutes.
- Also, beat cream cheese with ¼ cup milk.
- Stir cream-cheese mixture, then shrimp and corn, into soup, cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Drain flounder fillets then place a half in each of 6 soup plates.
- Spoon hot soup over fillets, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.