Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb zucchini, quartered lengthwise and large diced
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Saute the onion, ginger, and garlic for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the coriander and curry powder.
- Continue cooking 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and zucchini.
- Simmer approximately 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
Nutritional information Edit
- 97 Calories | 8g Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 38mg Sodium | 8g Carbs | 2g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetables | 1½ fat