Lasagna is one of man's greater accomplishments. It's difficult to argue other-wise. This is a nice, simple recipe, which uses the accompanying Chunky Veg Bolognese recipe as its base.
- Chunky Veg Bolognese
- Lasagna sheets (no pre-cook)
- Butter, 1 tbl spoon
- Milk, 1 pint
- Cornflour, 1 tbl spoon
- Large handful of grated cheddar
- Optional: Mozzarella (if you like your béchamel sauce stringy, which I do)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180.
- Melt your butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the milk and put on a medium heat until just below boiling point.
- Meanwhile mix your cornflour with another tablespoon of milk.
- Layer up your bolognese with the lasagna sheets in an as-big-as-you-like square tray (leaving the last layer of pasta off until the sauce is ready- if you don't the heat of the bolognese will make it curly!)
- When the milk's good and hot, add the cornflour mix. Keep whisking as it will thicken straight away, and then take it straight off the heat.
- Add most of the cheddar and the black pepper. If you fancy it, pop the mozzarella in now too. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the last layer of pasta to the top of the bolognese, then pour the white sauce all over and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Pop it in the oven for about half-an-hour, until it looks amazing.