Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Delma at World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 14 pints.
- 8 qts tomatoes, diced and peeled (use plum or roma tomatoes if possible)
- 1 qt chopped onions
- 1 qt chopped sweet peppers
- 1 qt chopped celery
- 1 qt cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ⅓ cup canning salt (not iodized)
- 1 tbsp whole pickling spice (tie in cloth)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 – 3 tsp cayenne pepper (more for hot)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in large, heavy kettle.
- Bring to boil; simmer 3 to 3½ hours.
- Pour hot sauce into clean, sterilized pint jars, process in pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure for 30 minutes.