Contributed by Delma at World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 14 pints.
- 8 qts tomatoes, diced and peeled (use plum or roma tomatoes if possible)
- 1 qt chopped onions
- 1 qt chopped sweet peppers
- 1 qt chopped celery
- 1 qt cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ⅓ cup canning salt (not iodized)
- 1 tbsp whole pickling spice (tie in cloth)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 – 3 tsp cayenne pepper (more for hot)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in large, heavy kettle.
- Bring to boil; simmer 3 to 3½ hours.
- Pour hot sauce into clean, sterilized pint jars, process in pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure for 30 minutes.