Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Prep: 50 Minutes | Cook: 30 Minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces beef, top round steak, trimmed of separable fat
- 2 corn tortillas
- Nonstick spray coating
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 x 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 14½-ounce can low-sodium tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 x 4½-ounce can diced green chile peppers
- 1½ teaspoons snipped fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- Partially freeze meat about 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
- Cut or tear tortillas into bite-size strips.
- Spread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 10 minutes or until crisp and dry. set aside.
- Spray an unheated large skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add meat, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in the kidney beans, undrained tomatoes, water, chile peppers, basil, chili powder, bouillon granules, cumin, and black pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls.
- Sprinkle each serving with some of the tortilla strips and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.