Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the first recipe I made for my new fondue pot (my old one was sold in a garage sale in the 80's!). This is easy enough for a beginner fonduer.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounces) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounces) can green chilies, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- assorted raw vegetables
- carrots, sticks (or whole baby carrots)
- celery, sticks
- Mushrooms (quartered if large)
- green onions
- Cauliflower florets
- Broccoli florets
- green pepper strips
- zucchini, sticks or rounds
- French bread cubes or breadsticks
- Prepare vegetables and bread; set aside.
- In a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, melt butter
- add Onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes (break up with a spoon) and their liquid, chiles, and oregano; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered,for 5 minutes.
- Add Cheese, a handful at a time, stirring until Cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or chafing dish and keep warm over the heat source.
- Use vegetables and bread cubes or sticks as dippers.