Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/2 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks ( 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 to 2 scallions, green parts only, coarsely chopped
- 2 (16-oz.) cans pinto or pink beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. soy mayonnaise or reduced-fat Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Whole-grain or rye bread slices
- Thinly sliced plum tomatoes
- Alfalfa or other sprouts or shredded lettuce
1. In food processor, combine bell pepper, and scallions. Pulse on and off several times, until mixture is coarsely chopped into approximately 1/4-inch pieces.
3. Let everyone assemble his or her own sandwich as follows: Spread a generous amount of bean mixture on one slice of bread, top with tomato slices, some sprouts and another slice of bread.