Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- ¼ cup cooked bacon pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 white onion chopped
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium pot bring all ingredients to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes then turn heat off but leave covered for five minutes.
- Serve immediately.