Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound stew beef cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 14½ ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cups white onion chopped
- 1½ cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ pound chopped mushrooms
- ¾ cup pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper