Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 carrots, mediun peeled & grated in long thin shreds
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cup milk, or 1⁄2 milk, 1⁄2 cream
- 4 cup Oysters salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and grate in long thin shreads, the carrots and add finely diced celery.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add the vegetables. Stir.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes, without browning the vegetables.
- Add milk (or use 1⁄2 milk, 1⁄2 cream); bring to a boil.
- Heat oysters in enamelled cast iron pan over medium heat; do not boil.
- Pour into milk and serve.
- Use salt and pepper to taste.
- The soup should be served as soon as ready, otherwise it tend to curdle.
- The milk and vegetables can be prepared ahead of time and the oysters heated and served at the last minute.